- RAS stands for Recirculation Aquaculture System
- A hi-tech way to grow and farm fish intensively under controlled conditions for optimum survival and growth of fish.
- Rears fish at high densities in indoor tanks.
- Allows efficient recirculation, filtration and removal of wastes prior to recycling back to the fish grow-out units. New water is added to the RAS only to make up for water loss through system flushing and minor evaporative loss.
- Predominantly used in land-based operation.
- It involves both freshwater and seawater.
Technorati Tags: fish,grouper,aquaculture,technology,hybrid
859 total views, 6 views today