Usually, when are onboard flight, the internet is limited and you will be disconnected from outside world. You just can watch a movie or read your favourite book.
Well, With the latest technology by Thales and Inmarsat you can have fast internet onboard. You can check email, upload your video and message your loved ones. Long haul flight will not be boring anymore.
Emirates Airlines sign new agreement with Thales and Inmarsat
Emirates Airlines will improve its internet onboard connectivity by partnering with Thales to use latest Inmarsat Global Express or IGX.
With IGX aviation broadband satellite technology, it can provide WiFi speed up to 50Mbps.
Emirates plans to install IGX to 165 aircraft Boeing 777x that its currently have. Plus 150 aircraft Boeing 777x on order. The installation will start by 2020.
According to Emirates, it has spent 200 million on onboard connectivity and serves around 800000 passengers. Currently, Emirates
provide unlimited free internet for its First Class and Business class passengers.
For Economy passenger, first 20MB data will be free. Next additional data will come with a payment plan.
According to INMARSAT, the IGX Aviation broadband service is a new technology that can match up internet speed on land.
“GX Aviation is the world’s first in-flight connectivity solution with seamless, reliable high- speed global coverage provided by a single operator,” Inmarsat said.
“It is the only service in the market that guarantees minimum data rates, ensuring that airline passengers can browse the internet, stream videos, check social media, and more during flights.”
Switch off for take-off and landing
Hopefully, by 2020, all big airlines will have high-speed internet connectivity onboard with a cheaper payment plan. So that we can feel connected to the world. Isn’t that what Marck Zuckerberg is doing, getting all people in the world connected to the internet.
Just remember to switch off your mobile and iPad for take-off and landing. ;)\
212 total views, 212 views today
On October 2017, MaxisONE Prime was introduced. Maxis offers 2 in 1 package, Internet broadband with a mobile unlimited monthly package.
Before this Maxis offers only 30Mbps and 100Mbps. Now, besides limited offers by Maxis for MaxisOne Home.
Maxis also offers MaxisONE free-upgrade for 30Mbps to 50Mbps
Same as other promotional offers, this package also comes with a contract for 2 years, so the price will come to normal price after that.
So if you are looking for fixed line broadband with mobile internet, you can check this new package MaxisONE package 50Mbps with unlimited data mobile internet with RM367 per month.
Check MaxisONE Prime
But before you decide to buy the new package MaxisONE Prime, you can check Maxis Broadband Coverage to make sure you will get full 4G in your area.
435 total views, 119 views today
If you want to subscribe to UniFi, there is a new promotion by TM: UniFi Lite 10 Mbps that cost only RM99.
Previous promotion will cost RM129 for Unifi and Hypptv with the same name Unifi Lite.
Promotion is valid till the end of this year, December 2017.
But according to TMConnect, it will only offer at a certain area. We are not sure yet which area.
Upload speed will be 5Mbps and download speed will be 10Mbps
A lot of new users a bit dissatisfied because some of them just sign up for the old promotional package.
TM as a leading internet highspeed provider has made a good choice to encourage higher internet penetration in a rural area. With lot of new promotion, maybe more internet service provider will come out with a new campaign to attract new customer.
Opps, it turn out TM will put on hold this latest promotion of RM99 UniFi Lite.
But rumours spread out, that they will announce it after Budget 2018 by Prime Minister. Well as long as its good for the ‘rakyat’. Just wait and see.
5,134 total views, 8 views today
Good news for Streamyx and Unifi user who always complain about WiFi broadband speed is slow. TM just launched a new apps tool specially designed to optimise wifi connection. As we know, It can be a headache for a non technical streamyx user to manage Unifi WiFi connection. Especially when connection is slow and you always blaming someone is hacking into your network.
TM WiFi Optimizer Tool is an easy tool to scan, analyse and optimise your WiFi network .
- Analyse your WiFi performance.
- Easily and quickly switch WiFi channels to boost your WiFi performance.
- Get it done under in 30 seconds!
- Detailed report of your WiFi network.
- See the number of WiFi networks in your area.
- Check if your WiFi channel is congested.
- See how many devices are connected to your network.
How To Optimise WiFi Channel
- Download and install the TM WiFi Optimiser Tool at Google Play.
- Connect your smartphone to your Unifi/Streamyx WiFi.
- Open TM WiFi Optimiser App and tap WiFi Scan to get quick diagnosis of your network.
- The app will show analysis of your WiFi network and how many device connected to your router.
- If you get 5 star, then you WiFi connection is already optimised and already on the best channel.
- In case you get poor result. WiFi Optimizer Tool will provide a few recommendation to improve your WiFi network
- Base on the recommendation above, you have to switch channel in order to optimise your WiFi Network. This is normal especially if you live in an apartment or crowded neighbourhood. Majority of houses will be using Unifi. By default, Unifi and Streamyx network router usually use channel 11. This will cause major traffic jam or poor WiFi performance.
- Just click the button “Switch Channel” to change to Channel 1.
- You need to enter your router setting and enter router username and router password. If you did not change anything before this. By default the username for TM Unifi/Streamyx : admin . Password is blank. Just click “Sign In” after enter username. If incorrect, you have to check at your router, usually installer will write on the router. If not you have to call TM helpline.
- After successfully log in to your router, WiFi Tool Optimiser will automatically change your channel. You can rescan to check again your WiFi ratings.
- This tool is still in BETA version, so a lot of upgrade , bug fixes and features will be coming in future. Hopefully, in future TM can add features like block unknown device that connected to your router and change DNS.
- In case you are not using TM Streamyx or Unifi but still want to optimise your WiFi Network, there are free tools that you can install on your PC that can scan and analyse your WiFi network. Use this tools to analyse your WiFi Network, check your WiFi Channel, if it is congested, then change it to other free or less congested channel through your router.
1.Lizard Wifi Scanner [Window| Free ]
Wi-Fi Scanner is easy to use, scan for and analyze 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless networks. Wi-Fi Scanner also can easily locate visible wireless networks and its corresponding information. The tool obtains the network name (SSID), signal level (RSSI), MAC address (BSSID), signal quality, channel, maximum data rate, encryption, and much more. Wi-Fi Scanner is useful for normal access point users who need to find out the signal strength distribution for their wireless network at home, or choose a position for their access point for optimal signal quality. Using Wi-Fi Scanner, you can evaluate the allocation of wireless networks by channel and select the least congested bandwidth for their access point, allowing them to increase their connection speed significantly.
NetSurveyor is an 802.11 (WiFi) network discovery tool that gathers information about nearby wireless access points in real time and displays it in useful ways. Similar in purpose to NetStumbler, it includes many more features. The data is displayed using a variety of different diagnostic views and charts. Data can be recorded for extended periods and played-back at a later date/time.
Source : Amanz Abu Habib
35,098 total views, 13 views today
Good news come at the right time . UMobile has come out with new Postpaid Plan called Unlimited Hero P78. All of us like the word Unlimited rite. So what is this new Hero Plan all about. Is it another new Avengers superheroes?
The Unlimited HERO P78 comes with :
- Unlimited High-Speed Data
- Unlimited Calls to ALL networks
- Free Mobile Hotspot
- Free Data for Roaming at 12 selected countries
- Free Data for WAZE
The Unlimited High-Speed Data is up to 5Mbps. What more interesting is the Free Mobile Hotspot, where 10GB is allocated. This means you can share your hotspot data with your friend and family. Its a new way to be popular rite. Instead of looking for Free WiFi, your friend will be looking for you.
If you are a frequent traveler, then this Unlimited Hero Plan is just for you. You don’t have to buy new sim card abroad. Roam-Onz offer from 5GB to 10GB data for 12 selected countries. The 12 countries are as listed below :
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
How to Activate International Roaming
(tenure of less than 6 months)
– Activate autodebit for bill payments, then call 1318
– Port-in customers can also walk-in with your past 2 months’ bill
(1 month with international roaming usage)
(tenure above 6 months)
Just call 1318
*If you do not meet the above criteria, a RM 200 deposit will be required. IDD will be auto-enabled upon activating international roaming.
For more information on the Unlimited Hero P78 Plan, please refer : UMobile P78
11,959 total views, 3 views today