Good news for Streamyx and Unifi user who always complain about WiFi broadband speed is slow. TM just launched a new apps tool specially designed to optimise wifi connection. As we know, It can be a headache for a non technical streamyx user to manage Unifi WiFi connection. Especially when connection is slow and you always blaming someone is hacking into your network.
TM WiFi Optimizer Tool is an easy tool to scan, analyse and optimise your WiFi network .
- Analyse your WiFi performance.
- Easily and quickly switch WiFi channels to boost your WiFi performance.
- Get it done under in 30 seconds!
- Detailed report of your WiFi network.
- See the number of WiFi networks in your area.
- Check if your WiFi channel is congested.
- See how many devices are connected to your network.
How To Optimise WiFi Channel
- Download and install the TM WiFi Optimiser Tool at Google Play.
- Connect your smartphone to your Unifi/Streamyx WiFi.
- Open TM WiFi Optimiser App and tap WiFi Scan to get quick diagnosis of your network.
- The app will show analysis of your WiFi network and how many device connected to your router.
- If you get 5 star, then you WiFi connection is already optimised and already on the best channel.
- In case you get poor result. WiFi Optimizer Tool will provide a few recommendation to improve your WiFi network
- Base on the recommendation above, you have to switch channel in order to optimise your WiFi Network. This is normal especially if you live in an apartment or crowded neighbourhood. Majority of houses will be using Unifi. By default, Unifi and Streamyx network router usually use channel 11. This will cause major traffic jam or poor WiFi performance.
- Just click the button “Switch Channel” to change to Channel 1.
- You need to enter your router setting and enter router username and router password. If you did not change anything before this. By default the username for TM Unifi/Streamyx : admin . Password is blank. Just click “Sign In” after enter username. If incorrect, you have to check at your router, usually installer will write on the router. If not you have to call TM helpline.
- After successfully log in to your router, WiFi Tool Optimiser will automatically change your channel. You can rescan to check again your WiFi ratings.
- This tool is still in BETA version, so a lot of upgrade , bug fixes and features will be coming in future. Hopefully, in future TM can add features like block unknown device that connected to your router and change DNS.
- In case you are not using TM Streamyx or Unifi but still want to optimise your WiFi Network, there are free tools that you can install on your PC that can scan and analyse your WiFi network. Use this tools to analyse your WiFi Network, check your WiFi Channel, if it is congested, then change it to other free or less congested channel through your router.
1.Lizard Wifi Scanner [Window| Free ]
Wi-Fi Scanner is easy to use, scan for and analyze 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless networks. Wi-Fi Scanner also can easily locate visible wireless networks and its corresponding information. The tool obtains the network name (SSID), signal level (RSSI), MAC address (BSSID), signal quality, channel, maximum data rate, encryption, and much more. Wi-Fi Scanner is useful for normal access point users who need to find out the signal strength distribution for their wireless network at home, or choose a position for their access point for optimal signal quality. Using Wi-Fi Scanner, you can evaluate the allocation of wireless networks by channel and select the least congested bandwidth for their access point, allowing them to increase their connection speed significantly.
2. NetSurveyor [Window| Free ]
NetSurveyor is an 802.11 (WiFi) network discovery tool that gathers information about nearby wireless access points in real time and displays it in useful ways. Similar in purpose to NetStumbler, it includes many more features. The data is displayed using a variety of different diagnostic views and charts. Data can be recorded for extended periods and played-back at a later date/time.
Source : Amanz Abu Habib
14,528 total views, 100 views today