Owning your own online home business is wonderful, but if you are like me, there are days when you feel down and stressed. You just can’t seem to get going. Sometimes sitting in your lonely home office, it seems like you are the only person on earth. You feel like you are locked in a cage with no way out! This can also be compounded by a slump in your business sales and/or success!
When you feel like this, it is hard to get any work done and can be very counterproductive for you. You must step back, take a break, clear your head and get rid of some stress!
I have found a few things that can help alleviate these problems and would like to share them with you.
1. Get up and get away from the computer for awhile. Even if it is only for 10 – 15 minutes. Walk around the house, stretch your muscles, do some neck and back stretches. These can do wonders!
2. Take a walk. Get dressed, go outside, breathe in the fresh air and take a 20 – 30 minute walk. This is one of the most invigorating things you can do to clear your head and get the cobwebs out. Walking is the one activity I would recommend the most.
3. Call a friend or family member and just chat for awhile. This can also be a great way to lift your spirits and confirm your suspicions that there are other people on this planet! 😉 Chat for awhile and laugh a little. Laughter is a great medicine!
4. Have a little fun! Put on some of your favorite music and dance around the house. Let loose and have some fun. Act goofy, crazy or waltz yourself to China. This helps get out some of the frustrations and pent up emotions that can cause the blues.
5. Just relax! Turn everything off, (including your computer), make yourself a cup of coffee, cocoa or just plain water. Just sit in complete silence and watch the birds outside or put a cool cloth over your eyes. Let your mind just go blank for awhile. Forget everything and just relax!
6. Exercise your mind! Show your mind that there is more than just the computer. Do a crossword puzzle, play a few games of solitaire, or read a book. These are all great ways of getting your mind off business and clearing out all the old to make way for the new.
7. Do some housework! This might not be the most fun thing to do, but it helps take your mind off business for awhile and believe me, after about an hour of housework, you will be more than ready to get back to business!
8. Take a TV break! Watch a program that allows you to escape to another world. After you are finished you just might be glad to be back in your world.
9. One thing I do when business gets the better of me is to shut the computer down for the day and turn my attention to other things that need to be done. Just taking a small break from business can help, but when things are really stressful we may need a longer break.
10. Get some sun! After being indoors so much, we need to get out and get some sun. The sun is very good for your mind and body. Sunshine is a very good anti-depressant! But do remember to wear protection so you don’t get too much exposure.
11. Enjoy time with your family! Play a game, take a walk, watch a heartwarming family adventure movie, or just sit and talk. No matter how hard we work, we need to make time for family.
12. Eat healthy foods! This we all know, of course, but it is much easier said than done. Start by changing one meal at a time or adding one healthy food a day. The better we feel, the better we can handle everyday stress!
I hope some of these pointers will help you relax and get back to business. I know they have been a great help to me more than once. Sometimes when you are feeling unproductive, stressed our or just plain tired, the idea is not to work harder but to stop working and give your mind and body a well-deserved break!
Terri Seymour has several years online experience and has helped many people start their own business. Visit her site at http://www.seymourproducts.com for help, resources, support and more. Seymour Products also offers resell ebooks for $1 each, free affiliate programs and a free weekly ezine. mailto:email@example.com
Article Source: http://www.wahm-articles.com
818 total views, no views today
One of the first things you must do for your business is define your target market. I hear business owners tell me all the time that “anyone can use their products,” or “they don’t want to narrow down their customer base by excluding groups of people.” I understand that there is fear around excluding a portion of the population – you feel it’s money walking out the door. But, do you really want to try and be all things to all people? When you narrow your focus and choose a target market, you will be able to market your business more effectively.
Here are three reasons a target market will help your business operate more effectively.
558 total views, no views today
Using Free Advertising to Market Your Business by Audrey Okaneko
I believe one of the most frequently asked questions I see and hear is “how can I market my business for free?” I also often see another form of this question “how can I market my business on a strict budget?”
Your words are your best marketing tool. And your words only cost you time. I would like to share two free marketing ideas, using only your words.
Are you currently writing articles? Wait, before you quit reading this article, you started reading because the title appealed to you, so invest a few more minutes and finish reading my thoughts on how you can use your words.
2,413 total views, 3 views today
by Rhonda White
5 Creative Ways to Promote your Affiliate Website.
1. Get Obsessive with Local Marketing
Local advertising is not the most popular way to promote your affiliate programs, but yet it’s still a productive means of getting the word out. First of all, buy a short, memorable domain name related to the topic of your affiliate site. Use this domain name for local marketing on your vehicle, business cards, return address labels, with your handwritten signature, etc. Get a little creative and place it on wearable items too. Visit Zazzle.com and start creating your own apron, tshirts, bumper stickers, keychains, mousepads and more.
2. Use the Products and Services Wholeheartedly
If your spending alot of time promoting for one particular company that offers tangible products, get a few of the products to show off. Use the products and brag about what qualities that you like best. Many of us are natural sales people. We often buy products or use services from particular companies because a friend or relative made a wonderful recommendation. There are many companies that should pay my husband commission. And they probably would if they only knew how much he talks and brags about their products! By the way, your kids can get in on the action too. They make great little sales people. Their enthusiasm shines through and their honesty about their likes and dislikes is often admirable.
3. Write a Fictomercial
WordSpy.com defines Fictomercial as “a work of fiction in which a company pays the writer to incorporate the company’s products into the story.” It’s a new trend that’s gaining popularity. If you have a knack for writing fictional stories, you may want to try your hand at creating a few interesting stories to draw attention to your products or services that you’re promoting. The movie industry has already gained momentum on this sort of advertising. I can already think of numerous movies that have included some “dot com” promotions. Of course, the trick is going to be a matter of integrating your promotion delicately as possible without seeming like a big commercial interruption in the middle of your story. If you have a gift for writing, you might want to take a shot at optimizing this new trend.
4. Use that Answering Machine
These nice little inventions really don’t get used quite enough. “Please leave a message right after the beep” could really use some creativity and much improvement. Most of us seem to enjoy the funny messages we hear on message machines, in fact, we remember them for quite awhile and even chat to our friends about it. If you have a great sense of humor, why not come up with a really quirky message that will entertain and make a lasting impression…and sneak in a little free advertising too. Don’t forget to take advantage of your voicemail message,too. We pay enough for those cell phones, we might as well get some extra advertising out of them.
5. Donate Some Old Books
This is a promotion you may have not heard stated before. But, I like the idea, so I’m going to share it. Do you have some books that you need to get rid of? Take some book labels with your domain name and a short catchy quote written on them and stick them inside the covers. Donate these to your local thrift stores. Even if people do not buy a book, they often browse through them. I’ve often seen business cards stuck in books at the library, but book labels stuck inside used books might be there to stay for quite awhile.
People often like to buy used magazines at cheaper rates as well. Create or buy some address labels with just your business information on them and stick them over the address labels on your old magazines. Now, if you can just get them to your local donation center before they’re too old be news, they’ll be sure to find new homes!
As a final word, don’t try to reinvent the wheel. By all means, use popular marketing methods that have been tested and that statistically work best, but don’t be afraid to get a little creative and come up with some new ways to promote as well. It will certainly help you escape boredom and keep your mind sharp…and who knows, perhaps you will create a new advertising trend afterall.
Rhonda White Get your Free Affiliate Marketing Ecourse at http://mommyaffiliates.com Don’t Miss Out on More Revenue Options, visit http://mommyrevenue.com
Article Source: WAHM Articles
790 total views, no views today
Do you get enough fibre? No..then apparently you’re the exception.A recent survey by the Gut Foundation found that only one in ten children currently has a high-fibre breakfast cereal or even one piece of fruit a day. And that’s not setting up good habit for later life, with two-thirds of adults and children surveyed already suffering abdominal symptoms such as diarrhea,constipation or pain.
To get sufficient daily fibre, you need to eat at least three servings of veggies, two of fruit and high-fibre breakfast cereal to keep your gut in shape and stave off future problems
767 total views, no views today
Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t use CAPITAL LETTERS-it’s the equivalent of shouting
- Don’t send emotionally charged messages.If you wouldn’t say it to the recipient’s face,don’t send it
- Don’t e-mail confidential material.It could end up in the wrong hands.Send a letter instead.
- Do be specific in the subject line.Your message could get deleted if it looks like spam
- Do answer at the top, not the bottom,of an e-mail.It’s annoying having to scroll down the bottom to read a response.
- Do stick with black font, no larger than 12 points in size. This is the easiest type to read.
Technorati Tags: internet,e-mail,tips,do and don’t
450 total views, no views today