A wireless internet is one of the most advanced Internet technologies in today’s world and we all know that with improved technology comes greater responsibility and improved safety requirements. In toher words WiFi is everywhere now. Wired connection is so 90’s.
There is no doubt wireless internet is very powerful and reliable, but you also have to consider and fix the major safety issues that you may face. This post will give you some tips to help you protect your wireless broadband internet.
Make sure your Antivirus Has Until Date Posted
One major concern is the possibility of using wireless internet your computer is infected by a virus, a very fast wireless broadband internet and a lot of things can happen before you know it, you can download the wrong file even before you realize that you’re downloading the wrong file and the opportunity that most things that one would have been done before, you never thought to correct it.This situation can be very dangerous and difficult, and the best option is to make sure they never come.
The first step you should do before you ever start using any kind of internet connection (wireless or not) is to make sure you have antivirus installed, to take this step alone will help you solve more than 50% of security problems that you encounter with Internet connection Your wireless.
Make your hard Guess Security Button
Other people are very important measures, but ignored it should be done to secure their wireless broadband is a key encryption to ensure they are secure and difficult to guess. Make sure you avoid using generic names or the important things in your life and opportunities as your encryption key (such as your name, the name of your wife, your birth date, etc.), however, do our best to use solid-alphanumeric characters. You also need to make sure you use the latest encryption technology, for example, by using WPA2 encryption technology will be more effective than using WEP technology.
Restrict or Disable SSID Broadcast
A big mistake most Internet users do is enable the wireless SSID broadcast, some people even go so far as to use wireless Extenders to increase coverage of their wireless network without knowing that this could be a potential problem for their networks, but better safe than sorry.
Always make sure your wireless network is limited to broadcast signals in the home or office (or wherever you need it) and not more, or better, with disabilities. Doing this will ensure that no one can connect to your network, especially trying to hack it.
I just received a UniFi brochure in my mailbox, Unifi now can can be installed in my office area. With tag line,Experience the new Era of Digital lifestyle. High Speeds Broadband up to 20 Mbps. Plus you also will received FREE unlimited Edition England T-shirt if you register early.
Currently my office using Streamyx 1Mbps for about 8 PC and laptop. Monthly our phone and broadband bills around RM 300. Maybe its a good idea to change to UniFi. I will promote this to my boss.
# 3 Residential Packages :
VIP 5 – RM 149 per month
VIP 10 – RM 199 per month
VIP 20 – RM 249 per month
Few things that probably you missed out :
All UniFi packages are subject to a 24 months contract period. Meaning you have to obey the contract.
All packages offered will be subject to a monthly download volume. It is not introduce yet but will affect your download your download usage.
Customer will enjoy FREE subscription of UniFi package until 30th June 2010.
NO installation & acativation fees
NO equipment charges
Enjoy HyppTV . Except no Sport channel is offered. If not this will compete with ASTRO for sure.
FREE calls to TM fixed line and 10 sen per minute to all mobile carrier.
Sometime ago, setting a Wireless Network is quite complicated and user need to be able to configure IP address and etc. Now, its pretty simple to set up a Wireless Network. You need a Broadband Wireless Router, Broadband Modem and a Laptop or Desktop Computer.
Connect the Internet port to the Wireless Broadband Router then connect any free LAN ports to the laptop or desktop for configuration using Ethernet cable.
There are 2 types of Wireless Router :
Wireless G (or 802.11g) – Offer fairly good WiFi Signal
Wireless N (or 801.11n)- Better signal strength and higher data transfer speed
Signal Strength Varies
One problem that usual occurs with Wireless Router is that the signal strength will degrade when distance between your laptop or Desktop and router increase. For example, you have many brick walls or your computer or laptop located on a different floor than the router. If your wireless signal weak than your Internet speed will degrade too.
Tips to Boost the WiFi Signal Strength
If you too have a problem getting Wi-Fi signals in every corner of your house, here are some tips (and accessories) to help you extend the range of your wireless network.
1. Adding a home-made reflector behind the antenna of your router is a good way to focus the signal to a certain angle. Since most routers have omni-directional and emit wireless signals in all directional like a light bulb.
2. One free utility that you can use is InSSIDer, it will help you to analyse your wireless network strength around the house. Use your laptop and InSSIDer by walking around the house and rooms to check the wireless strength. By using this information, you can find the best position to place your Wireless Router and your desktop table that will suite everybody in your house.
3. Make sure the Wireless Router location is not placed near something metallic like window grills, or mirrors as they can weaken and reflect the wireless signal. It would be great to place the router at a height in some central location and away from other cordless devices.
4. Using a booster antenna is a good option if you want to broadcast your Internet WiFi especially in your office, large premises, or restaurant that will keep everybody happy.
5. Another good option is to use WiFi Repeater also known as Wireless-G Range Expander . It will expand your wireless coverage without using any cable. The WiFi Repeater should be placed within the Wireless network of your existing router and it will expand and improve your network. This option is suitable to improve Wireless Network on your room and other areas that have poor reception.
How many time have you forgotten your wife birthday or wedding anniversary ? Sure your wife get so upset about it. Or forgot about an important meeting. Even if you already add in the event in your laptop calendar or hand phone you will tend to miss it. Because usually you will forget to check it. If this case always happen to you then Google Calendar is your answer. Why Google Calendar ?
1. You can easily schedule appointments, meeting or save important dates like anniversary and birthdays. Especially your wife birthday, never ever forget it
2.You can set to get notification from sms or email for FREE
a. Click Setting on your Google calendar window
b. Click Mobile Setup
c. Enter your mobile number
d. Then you will receive verification sms to your mobile. Enter your verification number on the mobile setup page.
e. That’s all, you will receive your notification sms for all your event.
Ever wonder how to grab you potential customer or client when sending your first email. Creative and Professional Signature is the answer. To get a professional signature, you dont have to write html code, just use WiseStamp.
WiseStamp-Email Signature Extension is a Chrome & Firefox Add-on that helps you create a creative and custom email signature filled with links to your other online presences, your IM usernames, and even your latest blog post. As of now it works with AOL Mail, Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo! Mail.
You can insert you picture and design your own signature. You can get your idea from Wisestamp gallery.
Below is a video explain WiseStamp and how to use it.